Hilton Ocala — True Hospitality in the Heart of Horse Country
A visit to Hilton Ocala is a trip to the heart of Florida’s thriving horse country. With over 70,000 acres of thoroughbred breeding and training farms alone, Marion County is the birthplace of many champion horses and home to nearly every breed of horse.
The equine enthusiast will find much to see and do in the area, from visiting horse farms and taking scenic drives through the countryside, to exploring the 500-acre Florida Horse Park and attending international and professional equestrian events. What’s more, you can take a photo with our very own Clydesdale mascot “Buddy,” just steps from your room!
The area features a number of equestrian events throughout the year. Here are a few highlights:
- The Florida Horse Park hosts equine events and competitions regularly throughout the year, including dressage, show jumping, three-day events and more;
- Ocala Breeders’ Sales (OBS) holds major thoroughbred sales that attract buyers from the world over multiple times during the year, including Mixed Sales in Winter and Fall;
- The Horse Shows in the Sun (HITS) winter circuit draws thousands of competitors and visitors to this show-jumping event in the first quarter of each year;
- The Grand Oaks Classic in nearby Weirsdale is an annual carriage driving event in February that is approved by the American Driving Society; and
- The Southeastern Pro Rodeo in March and the Ocala Shrine Rodeo in August bring the action of live rodeo to the area. Please visit OcalaRodeo.com for details on these events.
For more equestrian events and other special events in Marion County, please check the Ocala/Marion County Visitors & Convention Bureau’s online calendar.
Special Horseman Rate
Enjoy our special rates for horsemen by making your reservation here: